Most of us have a handle on our bathing and cleansing routines, but many people overlook the crucial step of moisturizing. Having a bottle of body oil on hand is the perfect daily reminder to take some time to check in with your body — and your senses.
Our skin goes through so much as the seasons change. As our world moves from warm, dry months to cold, wet months, the skin’s natural ability to regulate moisture and elasticity gets thrown out of balance. And spending time outdoors only exacerbates the disruption. Now, especially, our skin craves a natural alternative to heavy duty lotions and creams that just sit on top of the skin.
Enter Juniper Ridge Body Oils
The heart of our body oils is a base of organic antioxidant-rich oils: Jojoba, Sweet Almond and Coconut Oils. These oils absorb quickly and evenly, so your skin gets all the love without that heavy, greasy feeling.
- Jojoba Oil is a good friend to our skin. It has properties similar to the oils naturally produced by our bodies.
- Nourishing Sweet Almond oil is high in fatty acids and vitamins A and E — all the things healthy skin craves.
- Coconut Oil adds the smooth, creamy feel and helps to soften rough areas.
The soul of our body oils are the scents. All our products are made with pure essential oils – wildharvested by us on the trail and steam distilled in our Oakland workshop. Our core five scents are inspired by —
and hailing from — the desert, coast and mountains of the west.
- Cascade Forest: scent notes of damp forest floor, snapped fir needles and fresh sap
- Desert Cedar: scent notes of thick resin, dusty leather, and sun baked wood
- Coastal Pine: scent notes of sticky pine needles, citrusy Conifers and crisp ocean air
- White Sage: scent notes of soft Chaparall, dry Mojave earth, and sun washed desert slopes
- Redwood Mist: scent notes of fog-drenched forest, fresh rain, and crisp coastal air
Some tips for getting the most out of your body oil:
- Use right after a shower or bath while your skin is still damp. This will help the oil absorb quickly and deeply. It will also help form a barrier for skin to hold on to more moisture.
- Aromatherapy adds an extra sensorial experience to a full body massage. Give your favorite person some love and encourage them to fully engage with the body oil’s scent. Soothe exhausted bodies and minds. (Double down on the good vibes by adding candles, incense or an essential oil diffuser to your space.)
- Add several drops to running bath water and swirl around with your hands. The base oils will add a skin-softening boost to your soak as you decompress.
- Warm a drop or two in your hands and run through your hair’s split ends. (While the base oils are not heavy, you should avoid your roots if your hair tends to get oily.)
- Before bed, massage a few drops onto your cuticles and knuckles to help soften and condition. Dry, hard-working hands will appreciate the extra love.
- Punch up the scent by adding a few drops of essential oils. Add directly to the bottle and shake to combine. Or add a few drops to a quarter-sized amount of body oil in your hand and combine as you massage in.