The Shipping and Receiving Clerk responsibilities include tracking inventory levels, handling all aspects of shipping and receiving, keeping accurate records while ensuring quality control, and maximizing efficiency. In addition to completing other related duties that help a warehouse stay organized and run smoothly. This position will involve heavy lifting.
– Manage the shipment and receipt of all products, materials, and supplies.
– Determines the method of shipment and prepares bills, invoices, and other shipping documents,
package items, print labels, weigh packages, and determine the appropriate postage.
– Collaborates and communicates with supervisors, customer service representatives, sales teams, service providers, and others involved in the shipment and receipt of products.
– Tracks, traces, and updates the status of incoming and outgoing shipments.
– Inspects and verifies incoming goods against invoices or other documents, records shortages, and rejects damaged goods, and assists with unloading as necessary
– Accepts or returns merchandise according to established company procedures.
– Maintains internal record-keeping systems
– Promptly unloads trucks and deliveries and sorts, labels, and stocks receivables in the appropriate areas.
– Engages with team members, vendors, and drivers with a positive attitude.
– Provides additional backup support for the warehouse staff.
– Operates forklift, hand truck, or other equipment to load, unload, transport, and store goods
– Knows proper shipping procedures for transportation of dangerous goods (will if needed)
– Takes inventory, maintains storage area, organizes, and places stock on shelves.
– Ensures the area is secure at all times.
– Assembles containers and crates, packs goods to be shipped, and prepares to identify information and shipping instructions
– Order appropriate shipping supplies to maintain the shipping department
– Maintains a clean, neat, and organized workspace
Minimum 2+ years shipping and receiving experience
Basic computer skills
Organization & priority setting
Ability to make independent decisions
Proven communication skills
Attention to detail and task-oriented
Ability to lift 50 lbs and be on your feet for prolonged periods of time
Medical and Dental health coverage
A casual and fun work environment
Resume + cover letter required – only serious applicants should apply